In order to assure that your visit to the great Okefenokee Swamp is a memorable one, please check off the following suggested items for your visit:
- Camera and/or binoculars
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Insect repellent (May-September deer flies, mosquitoes are most active. Mosquitoes are generally most active early in mornings and right before dark) **
- Clothing appropriate for outdoors, including hat
- Rain poncho (no refunds due to weather or insects)**
**For your convenience, we sell these items in our Gift Shop, including caps.
No pets please! This is for your own safety and the safety of your pet. If you are traveling in an RV, please leave your pet inside till you are down the road away from the park and from water’s edge.
- Do not approach alligators or other animals. They are not tame.
- Look closely in water trails to discover baby alligators and other natural inhabitants of the swamp.
- Arrive before 3:00 PM in order to experience fully what the park has to offer.