New Low Walkway
Nearly a half-mile round trip journey via one of the Park’s newest additions…takes you through the original path of our original boardwalk lost in the 2007 Big Turnaround Fire. Our new low walkway is right on top of the Okefenokee Swamp, giving guests a closer look at this unique ecosystem, and ends up at our 90-foot observation tower.
Warning Notice to Walkers/Climbers:
- You enter this area at your own risk and must complete and sign a release of liability form.
- Must be physically fit and have no serious medical conditions.
- All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/adult.
- Walk single-file on walkways and bridges.
- No more than 4 people on the bridges at one time – Do not stop.
- Watch out for alligators,snakes and other wildlife and avoid contact. Do not feed the wildlife.
- Do not litter the path. If you pack it out…pack it back.
- Absolutely NO SMOKING.
- Gate Entrance to Primitive Walk closes at 4:30PM.
- No Restrooms along the way or at the Observation Tower.
- Rescues and/or violations of above rules/warnings could result in fines.